Saturday, November 9, 2013

Girl's Night Out

Instead of acting my age (old) I have recently been acting like I am in college again and enjoying my weekends with a great friend of mine I have known since middle school. On the weekends, we usually enjoy a girls night out (or two). We tend to head out to Naperville, mainly because I dispatched down there and I know the Officers so it makes me feel safer. It's probably what I look forward to most during my week because it is the time I laugh the hardest because we talk so much shit about any and every thing. We laugh at the girls with the slutty outfits on and the stripper heels, the guys who try way too hard to get those girls, or the ones who slip us their number because I commented on his Drake t-shirt (slow your role buddy I really just liked your t-shirt not your face). We laugh and try to avert our eyes when we notice someone from high school we really didn't like who we REALLY don't want to have to make awkward conversation with because really, you were a dick in high school you are probably still a dick (females included). We laugh, we dance, we drink, and we dance some more, and we get hit on by weird guys. Oh and sometimes we even get to be vigilantes saving the night when a fight breaks out on the street! We play this game called 1, 2, 3 he's yours where you can either pick the guy who walks through the door or pass on up to 2 guys but the 3rd one you have to go up and say something to (even something like nice shirt), which is freakin hilarious because it is always a gamble on what you are about to see walking through the door. Raechel is always willing to be the wingman, "want me to go talk to that guys friend and you can talk to his hot buddy?" uh no, I'm not THAT outgoing, and really I don't expect to find Mr.Right at the bar. We don't even go out for the dudes although good eye candy in a bar doesn't hurt the situation we go out to have fun and let loose with each other. Raechel brings out the fun side of me that I haven't seen in a long time, she helps me not be so uptight and rigid. 

 At the end of the night we go home stomach aching from laughing and a little bit from alcohol and the next day we text each other and say NEVER AGAIN because of how long it takes us to recover from ONE night out, but we do it again next weekend because you know what? 

Sure being single sucks, but there is nothing like having a best friend that gets you out of the house after a long work week to help get your mind off all the BS in life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment