Sunday, October 5, 2014

Why Men Love Bitches

I am reading the book Why Men Love Bitches. This book is so foreign to me because as much as most of my friends and family would like to make you believe I am not a bitch. The preface of the book is about being a bitch in a relationship but not like a bitch bitch more of a boss bitch. Here, I'll give you an example, if a guy texts or calls you late at night after he's been out with his buddies and asks you to come by you need to tell him no because that shows him that he needs to make plans with you and that you aren't waiting around for him to call. Get it? While reading this book I have learned that in a "man's" eyes I am needy because I am too nice. Well guess what? That all changes right NOW. Maybe I have been the doormat for too long and that's why I haven't had a successful relationship. I tend to be the one who likes, loves, does, too much for the other person. I jump through the hoops while the other person does nothing. 
   In all honesty most of this book feels gamey to me like you are pretending to be someone you are not. Being fake and not real with the guy so he thinks that you are one way when you are another. The book instructs you to pretend not to like him as much as you actually do, play it cool, don't be the first to call or text, wait a certain amount of days before hanging out with him again, etc. These are all stupid dating games that end up ruining or causing miscommunication between two people early on in a relationship that could ultimately end the budding relationship. There are some good ideas within the book, like focusing more on yourself and spending more time alone doing things you like to do, not making your life all about him, etc.
   Since I am back in the dating game I figured I would take a minute to say my truth, ahem, ready?
   Yes at times I am needy and/or clingy because I have been screwed over in previous relationships and trust is incredibly hard for me. Yes I can be stubborn and a royal pain in your ass because I was raised to be independent and not depend on anyone especially a man because my mom was a single mom-even when my parents were married my dad was an absentee parent. Do I need reassurance more than other girls in the beginning of a relationship? Yes I do. But not one person will love you, care for you and be more loyal to you than I will. You will not find someone with a bigger heart than mine. I know I am a lot to handle but that's why you have two hands and damn it I'm worth it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment